LisaQuing's List

Here is my EDITED list (as of 7/13/08). I have 39/56 so far. I'm sure I'll read more than 56. Last year, I read 86 books.

I have no overlaps in my list, which I hope then allows me to skip a couple if needed. I do own many of these books already.

I will be posting reviews and updates on my movie & book review blog - Mirkwood Reflections. I have bolded the choices I have completed and changed the font to green.

I am really looking forward to this challenge! A lot of times I can't figure out what I want to read, so this should help with that dilemma.

I did find some books that weren't on my original list that I wanted to read. When I read it, I just added the new book to the beginning of the list and kept the original books. So some of my lists now have more than 8.

Books Recommended to me by others
1. Hide – Lisa Gardner (my mom) 2-2-08
2. Austenland - Shannon Hale (sister Christy) 2-10-08
3. Beauty - Robin McKinley (Marta) 2-23-08
4. Courting Trouble – Deeanne Gist (Mom) 7-13-08
5.The Furies of Calderon – Jim Butcher (sister Christy) – couldn't get into it
6.Vineyard series – Philip Craig (mom) – couldn't get into it
7. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn - Betty Smith (sister Janet)
8. librarian series (Christy)

Young Adult Fiction
1.ttyl – lauren myracle 1-2-08
2.Eclipse – Stephenie Meyer 1-7-08
3.ttfn – lauren myracle 1-14-08
4.Diary of a Wimpy Kid: a novel in cartoons – Jeff Kinney 2-24-08
5.Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules 5-7-08
6.Holes – Louis Sachar
7.Spiderweb for Two: A Melendy Maze – Elizabeth Enright
8.Artemis Fowl: The Time Paradox - Eoin Colfer
9.Eragon – Christopher Paolini
10.Inkheart - Cornelia Funke
11.Magic by the Lake – Edward Eager

Non-fiction - This category has been completed!
1.Dear Genius: The Letters of Ursula Nordstrom – Ursula Nordstrom 1-20-08
2.Lies Homeschooling Moms Believe – Todd Wilson 1-24-08
3.The Well-fed Writer – Peter Bowerman 2-8-08
4.Careers for Bookworms 3-22-08
5.Into the Wild 6-21-08
6.Back for Seconds – Peter Bowerman 6-22-08
7.Cockatiels for Dummies 7-8-08
8.Eat This, Not That! 7-8-08
9.Ordering Your Private World – Gordon MacDonald
10.Radar, Hula Hoops, and Playful Pigs: 62 Digestible Commentaries on the Fascinating Chemistry of Everyday Life – Joe Schwarcz
11.Walk Away the Pounds : The Breakthrough 6-Week Program That Helps You Burn Fat, Tone Muscle, and Feel Great Without Dieting – Leslie Sansone
12.Complete Idiot's Guide to Getting Your Romance Published - Julie Beard
13.I Saw the Angel in the Marble - Chris Davis and Ellyn Davis
14.Making God's Word Stick – Emmett Cooper & Steve Wamberg
15.Life Management for Busy Women – Elizabeth George
16.Family Fragrance: Practical Intentional Ways to Fill Your Home with the Aroma of Love – J. Otis & Gail Ledbetter


Books I Want to Reread - Eek! Better get moving on these!
1.Drums of Autumn – Diana Gabaldon 1-31-08
2.The Bible
3.Out of this Silent Planet – C.S. Lewis
4.Perelandra – C.S. Lewis
5.That Hideous Strength by C.S. Lewis
6.Mere Christianity – C.S. Lewis
7.She's Gonna Blow: Real Help for Moms Dealing with Anger – Julie Ann Barnhill
8.Mark of the Lion trilogy – Francine Rivers (3 books)
9.The Fiery Cross – Diana Gabaldon (audiobook)

Books about Tolkien or Lord of the Rings - I need to get moving!
1.Finding God in Lord of the Rings – Kurt Bruner & Jim Ware
2.The Gospel According to Tolkien – Ralph C. Wood
3.Following Gandalf: Epic Battles and Moral Victory in The Lord of the Rings – Matthew Dickerson
4.Tolkien's Ordinary Virtues: Exploring the Spiritual Themes of Lord of the Rings – Mark Eddy Smith
5.The Silmarillion – J.R.R. Tolkien
6.The Origins of Tolkien's Middle Earth for Dummies – Greg Harvey
7.Walking with Frodo: A devotional journey through Lord of the Rings – Sarah Arthur
8.J.R.R. Tolkien: Author of the Century – Tom Shippey


Romance Novels - one more!
1.Love's Haven (Steeple Hill Love Inspired) – Catherine Palmer 2-27-08
2.Finding Hope (Steeple Hill Love Inspired) – Brenda Coulter 3-15-08
3.Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen 3-16-08
4.Finding Hope – Brenda Coulter 03-15-08
5.A Season of Forgiveness – Brenda Coulter 04-08-08
6.Strapless – Leigh Riker 6-1-08
7.Persuasion – Jane Austen 7-12-08
8.Taking a Chance (Heartsong Presents) – Kelly Eileen Hake
9.Once Upon a Family (Love Inspired) – Margaret Daley
10.The Stranger (Harlequin Superromance) – Kathleen O'Brien
11.The King's Mistress (Harlequin Historical) – Terri Branson
12.Unforgettable (Heartsong Presents) – Janet Lee Barton
13.Danver's Touch (Silhouette Classics) – Elizabeth Lowell
14.Perfect - Judith McNaught
15.Christmas on the Prairie: Take Me Home/One Wintry Night/The Christmas Necklace/Colder Than Ice (Christmas Anthology) - Tracey V. Bateman, Pamela Griffin, Maryn Langer, Jill Stengl

New Books by Favorite Authors - one more!
1.T is for Trespass – Sue Grafton 1-11-08
2.Plum Lucky – Janet Evanovich 1-20-08
3.Candy Cane Murder – Joanne Fluke 1-19-08
4.Charley's Web – Joy Fielding 04-12-08
5.Carrot Cake Murder – Joanne Fluke 4/23/08
6.Sleeping Doll – Jeffrey Deaver 4/29/08
7.Fearless Fourteen – Janet Evanovich 6/28/08
8.Buckingham Palace Gardens (Thomas Pitt Mysteries) – Anne Perry
9.Skeletons at the Feast – Chris Bohjalian
10.Breaking Dawn – Stephenie Meyer

Christian Novels - one more!
1.The Martyr's Song – Ted Dekker 1-1-08
2.Brothers – Angela Elwell Hunt 2-4-08
3.Claire Knows Best – Tracey Bateman 04-05-08
4.I Love Claire – Tracey Bateman 04-18-08
5.Scarlet Thread – Francine Rivers 5/5/08
6.Doesn't She Look Natural – Angela Elwell Hunt 5-12-08
7.Journey – Angela Elwell Hunt 7-8-08
8.Showdown – Ted Dekker (didn't like it)
9.Once Upon a Cross – Thom Lemmons
10.Catching Katie – Robin Lee Hatcher

Posted by Lisa at 7/13/2008 11:03:00 PM

1 comments:

Krista said... December 30, 2007 at 8:48 PM  

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn was SUCH a good book! I just read it this year.

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Background image by Vlad Studio