Dew's categories

Hi everyone! I'm excited about this challenge. I made my categories, but since 2008 is still 4 months away, I think I'll hold off on listing specific books yet.

Categories:

1. Children's literature. This can overlap my plan to continue reading Newbery winners as part of the Newbery Project.

2. Pulitzer Prize winners. This will go along with my plan to continue being part of the Pulitzer project.

3. New York Times Notable Books. This is in hopes that there'll be another Notable Books challenge like there was this year.

4. Printz Award winners or Honor books: This less well-known award is the equivalent of the Newbery for Young Adult literature. This can overlap my plan to host a Printz challenge sometime in the near future.

5. Booker Prize books: I want to read so many of these that I might want to host a challenge for them, too, or maybe I'll just read them on my own.

6. New in 2007/2008 books: So that I leave plenty of room for exciting new books I'll want to read.

7. TBR books: So I can keep working on taming that beast.

8. Graphic novels: My husband has the entire Sandman series, and I have criminally left them all unread except the first book. Plus I love graphic novels in general, and there'll be others I want to read.

Posted by Dewey at 9/01/2007 06:07:00 PM

5 comments:

Dewey said... September 1, 2007 at 6:14 PM  

After posting this, I read the lists people added since I was here last, and I see some of my categories will be shared with other people. That'll be fun!

Wendy said... September 1, 2007 at 10:58 PM  

Dewey, Have you seen my new blog: Notable Books This will probably take the place of the NYT Most Notable Challenge (unless Ariel picks up the NYT Most Notable Challenge). I thought I'd expand and allow people to choose their own personal Most Notable Book Challenge that will include NYT Most Notable, but also some other notable lists. See what you think! If you want an invite, let me know :)

tinylittlelibrarian said... September 9, 2007 at 1:42 AM  

I've criminally not read even the first Sandman book and a) my husband loves them and b) I buy graphic novels for my library system. I even took it off this year's TBR list - for shame!

alisonwonderland said... September 12, 2007 at 7:25 PM  

why have i never heard of the Printz award?! i'm going to have to check that out!

Dewey said... November 12, 2007 at 11:16 AM  

Alison, the Printz is fairly new, started in 2000, I think.

Wendy, yes! I would love an invitation.

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Background image by Vlad Studio